Location Idea
When looking around and finding different locations, I decided to do some independent study on the locations which were available in my local area to have a more in depth choice to give to the group. On reflection of my work I found a few locations which were suited to the brief of Hip-Hop, however weren't in the end as popular as our final choices.
I found and chose to include these in my reflection as they include a lot of 80s style simplistic graffiti which is inkeeping with out theme, as well as contrasting and juxtaposing the modern style of our piece. Although we wanted to develop a more colourful and vibrant location, I feel that this urban area with ample space would have been interesting to shoot the dancer in, with the freedom of being outside in an open location, as well as having a more realistic feel, as a majority of Hip Hop dancers start from their houses, and eventually work their way up to the academy. I feel this could have been a good concept to follow the journey of a young dancer from how they started out to where they are now. Seeing as the dancer we used is 26 years old, this means he will have had years of experience dancing as well as with the Hip Hop genre. An interesting documentary filmed style would have been insightful to use.


No comments:
Post a Comment